I disappeared for a long time with no warning or apology. Much longer than two days. A whole week, in fact. And now, there is no point in going back and telling you about every day. So get ready for a big post with lots of little snippets. And no pictures, because I haven’t put any on my computer in too long. Sorry again. I already told you, I know, I suck.
Anyhow. Since the last time I posted, I:
- Went out to dinner with my Uncle Mark, who was in town from Alaska. It was great to see him. But I’m learning something. Tommy (my cousin) = younger Uncle Mark. Uncle Mark = younger Papa. It’s freakin’ me out how much more alike they all get every time I see them.
- Went shopping early on a Saturday morning and scored some excellent deals that kept me in “business professional” attire for another week.
- Went to lunch with my Grandma, Aunt, and Uncle who were in town for a memorial service for a dear friend of theirs. Sad reason to visit, but glad they were here anyway! We went to Bob’s Red Mill and it was delicious and had lots of adorable character. I definitely recommend it.
- Went to a graduation party for a lovely lady who earned her MBA and is great. Congrats, Marissa!
- Drove all the way to Puyallup to spend Father’s day with my pappy. We hung out on the couch and ate great food and went to a cute little restaurant called the Buttered Biscuit and then went to the Museum of Glass in Tacoma. It’s great. There should someday be a whole post about it, because although they aren’t on my computer yet, I took about 3 million pictures. I love you, dad!
- Started and finished my second week of work. It was crazy. I made some friends. I kept very busy. I spent two whole days locked in a conference room training on a computer program. The Portland office is on the 26th floor and has some pretty freaking amazing views. I answered and transferred approximately 937,203,079 phone calls. I filled out lots of paperwork and signed my name a zillion times. I made my first ever commute to Beaverton. And home again. That part sucked. So now I find a gym in “the Beav” (ew, what a bad nickname for a city, right? Way less charm than “the Ham.”) so I can avoid the traffic filled drive home.
- Loaned my computer to a friend. Which is why I haven’t blogged in a million years. Oh yeah, and I was crazy busy and tired and just want to sleep all the time.
- Hung out with my dear Katy who came down just for Monday and didn’t leave until Thursday. Which was great. We drank wine and sat on the couch and stayed up too late. We got to talk about real stuff and actually sit face to face rather than on the phone, via text, or thru a frozen Skype screen so all I can see is Katy’s lips for 20 minutes because Skype won’t transmit anything else.
- Went to see Katy’s cute cute super cute new apartment. I wish she had left me a key so I could go sleep on her floor even if she’s not there just to see how cute it is all the darn time. She’s coming back soon because I love her and she loves me and misses me too much. Oh yeah, and because she has a job here and would be moving here even if I wasn’t here. 🙂
- Watched the Bachelorette. On Friday night, because that’s how long it took me to actually have some free time. And I won’t even bother talking about it, because it was seriously the most boring two hours of TV I have ever wasted my time on. Spice it up, producers. I actually fell asleep there for a minute.
- Discovered that Perfect Couples is back on TV. Yesssssss. So hilarious.
- Went berry picking and made some jam! That was today and it looks delicious. But we made less than last year, so if you want some, you will have to physically pry it from my cold dead hands.
- You don’t really think I used ALL those berries for jam, do you? NO. We also made strawberry daiquiris. And also, tomorrow we will have strawberry shortcake. And if there are strawberries left after that, I will stuff my face with them until they are gone. Because they are delicious. So delicious in fact, we might go pick more next weekend. 🙂
Before I blog again, I will have dinner with my second grade teacher. Because she’s great and got in touch with me because they are in town! It will be great. I will also sleep and probably play with my pup, who is looking at me like she’s the most abused dog in the world. You know, she has a rough life, sleeping in the sun and playing with dog toys all day.
Anyhow, that’s the skinny on whatcha missed, blogland. I can’t promise it’ll never happen again, but I CAN promise I will try try try to at least give you a little warning next time. 🙂