Well. Want to learn a little more about me? In the form of Top 5 lists? I thought you might. So today, we start with 5 people I love. (lists, are, in fact, something I love. But today is just for people).
1. This guy. He’s the very best. He snuggles me in the mornings and he does the breakfast dishes. He likes to read books and play soccer and watch ESPN and hates it when I take his picture and talk/write/blog about him. So lets keep this one between you and me, eh?
(P.S. I also love Space Mountain, so this picture is like a 2-for-1! Victory.)
2. This girl. I know, I know. She’s not a people. But she is pretty darn close! Her full name is Mandy Snuggletoes Cupcake. She answers to Mandy-Pandy (or anything else that rhymes with Mandy), Booger, Punky, or any other name she thinks might get her food/a treat/a toy/some attention. She loves to play fetch and snuggle and eat. Her best doggy friend is my parents’ service dog, Carlson. She has made my life so, so, so very much brighter. And she learned after only one pair of shoes that they aren’t worth the wrath of Sara.
3. The fam. I love em’ all, but there’s nothing like a momma AND a best friend. She always returns my phone calls. She answers all of my stupid questions. Shes a good pillow and she always shares her side of the bed if I happen to crawl in when I stay at home. We adventure to new places together. She knows what my favorite things are. She knows my friend’s birthdays, too, and she calls to tell them. She’d do anything for me. And I’d do pretty much anything for her, too.
4. My pappy. He gives good hugs and he wears his emotions on his sleeve and he only gives me the disappointed dad look sometimes. When I ask to take his picture he makes a crazy face. He sings the wrong lyrics all the time. He moves to far away places like Australia, and then calls me a week before spring break and tells me to book a ticket. Then he takes me to the bar and sings Jesse’s Girl with me. When I was little, he’d do just about anything to make me laugh. Including barking like a dog at oncoming traffic. He’s the best and I love him.
5. This girl. She is my very best friend for lots and lots of reasons. Because she can’t stand to be so far away from me, so she’s moving to Portland, too. Because she will take crazy pictures with me and make funny faces and lay on the floor and giggle for hours. Because she understands the importance of a good burrito buddy. She will be here soon! Yay. 🙂
6. I know, I know, I said 5. But technically this one doesn’t count because there isn’t a picture (right?). (NOTE: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE ZERO PICTURES OF ALL OF US!?!?!?! as far as I’m concerned, that’s a pretty serious fail on our part.) My DYL girls. Tammy, Elizabeth, Heidi, JoJo, and Carly were my family in Bellingham. They listened to too many endless rants, got up at 4 in the morning to watch The Royal Wedding, came over for junk food and The Bachelor, and provided me with the warmth and love and support I needed. Plus, they share good gossip and make for a healthy (if inappropriate) workplace.
(Insert sassy workplace photo here)
Next up, another 5 loves list. What will it be…